PLanUNC, or PLUNC as it is known familiarly, is an adaptable and extensible
software system for radiation treatment planning:
- features graphical tools for contouring anatomical structures, virtual
simulation, dose calculation and analysis (DVH, adaptive, dose summation), and
- is suitable for External Beam Photon/Electron therapy, but currently
contains no Proton dose code (easy to add if you know dose engines).
- is built on the principles of fast, light
programming -- complex solutions simplifed by specific (non-general)
but extensible code. This is the opposite of the current trend to create bulky
inflated general-purpose suites. Each has it's place.
- Most PLanUNC content has been moved to a wiki to enable better community
editing of the content. The public download files have been moved to a
- You can get a copy of the source code -- and unlock a tremendous amount
of wiki content -- by completing a license
form, found on the first page of the wiki.
Note that license request must contain a letter of intent, written by a representative of your
institution, that states the intended use of PLUNC.
- The wiki does not support automatically generated pages well so the
doxygen content is now only available as a ZIP file.
So head on over to the wiki, mail in a license & letter of intent, and enjoy.
-GST, last updated 15-Apr-2014