PLanUNC, or PLUNC as it is known familiarly, is an adaptable and extensible
software system for radiation treatment planning.
It's features include
graphical tools for contouring anatomical structures, virtual simulation, dose
calculation and analysis, and IMRT planning.
- It is suitable for External Beam
Photon/Electron therapy, but currently contains no Proton code (easy to
add if you know dose engines).
- PLanUNC is built on the principles of fast, light programming -- complex solutions done simply
by specific (non-general) but extensible code.
- Most PLanUNC content has been moved to a wiki to enable better community
editing of the content. The public download files have been moved to a
- You can get a copy of the source code -- and unlock a tremendous amount
of wiki content -- by completing a license
form, found on the first page of the wiki.
Note that license request must contain a letter of intent, written by a representative of your
institution, that states the intended use of PLUNC.
- The wiki does not support automatically generated pages well so the
doxygen content is now only available as a ZIP file.
So head on over to the wiki, mail in a license & letter of intent, and enjoy.
-GST, last updated 15-Apr-2014